So my friend Alessandra from You Are More Blog tagged me to participate in this bloggers 21 questions thing. Personally, I love these sorts of posts. It helps me to show you guys who I really am, instead of just some random chick typing away at her keyboard. Get ready to meet the girl behind the blog y’all!
1. Where were you born? Ft. Carson, Colorado! I lived in Colorado until I was 9 or so and then we packed up and moved to Texas. As the saying goes, “I wasn’t born in Texas but I got here as fast as I could!”.
2. How do you take your coffee? I don’t. Don’t get it twisted though, I LOVE the smell of coffee, the taste just isn’t the greatest to me. This one time, I finished a Java Chip Frap without even knowing it wasn’t my normal Chocolate Chip frap.. so thats probably a solid start.
3. Where do you want to travel? I’ve always wanted to visit Germany. My Grandmother immigrated from Germany in 1971 and it would be pure bliss to visit her hometown. Germany and somewhere really really cold, like Alaska or something. Cold weather makes me happy.
4. Favorite guilty pleasure? Peanut M&M’s. But who am I kidding I eat them every. single. night. That is no guilty pleasure, that is a problem.
5. Are you afraid of anything? YES. Dying, snakes, stray dogs, the ocean (deep water in general), driving on I-45 during rush hour, and when the toilet water starts rising in someone else’s house. You know.. the norm.
6. What did you want to be when you grew up? Oh good Lord, I was planning on being a Jane of all trades. I think my first ever aspiration was working at McDonalds, just so I could make my own Happy Meal any time I wanted. Then in junior high, while I was in Space Club, yep.. I was THAT girl, I wanted to work at Nasa or be and astrologer. Also, during a Shark Week, I was convinced being a shark suit tester would be fun.. In high school, when we lived in a small town, there was a short time where I wanted to be a cop, but then we moved to Houston and I said peace out to that one. After high school I thought of being a physical therapist, realtor, or chiropractor. Obviously none of those things stuck.
7. Where did you meet your husband? We actually met in a BAR you guys!! I was 22 and it was my first time in a real bar, a dancehall to be exact. We spent a few minutes catching each others glances, then he walked up to me and took the beer out of my hand, gave it to my friend, and led me onto the dance floor. To this day I can’t even remember the song, but all I remember was me, being in Nike tennis shoes , in a country dance hall two stepping. Whatever, I got a husband out of it!
8. What’s your favorite scent? Vanilla and Amber make my nose happy.
9. What is your favorite verse? May my son walk before You, God, as King David walked, with integrity of heart and uprightness, doing according to all that You have commanded him, and keeping Your statutes and rules (1 Kings 9:4)
10. How do you like to spend time with family? Any way possible! Life has been crazy hectic lately and its been tough to plan things out. I cherish the moments I have with just my husband and my boys. Whether its sitting in the backyard, on the couch, or walking through a store, as long as were together I’m a happy mama.
11. What is one thing you couldn’t live without in your house? A dishwasher! We actually just moved into our new house and I swore I wouldn’t use the 10 year old dishwasher thats here now.. and that lasted all about 2 days. I can wash cups every once and a while but I love shoving it full of crap during the day and turning it on before bedtime. Plus the noise puts me to sleep!
12. What is your favorite Restaurant? Lupe Tortillas! I am a Mexican food kinda gal. Theres no other cuisine that can compare to my love for Mexican food. Happiness IS chips and queso, and tacos, fajitas, salsa, ALL THE FOOD.
13. Favorite Season? Winter! I love the winter festivities, winter style, warm pot roast dinners, and a fire burning!! Call me crazy but I love my winter months.. Plus its my birth season so, duh.
14. How many States have you lived in? Not too many actually! Colorado, Washington, and Texas all have a piece of my heart!
15. What is your favorite song? I don’t have a favorite song, nor genre. I am all over the drawing board when it comes to music. One day I can be jamming old country, the next Creed and Disturbed, and a few days after that I’m rapping Eminem to the best of my abilities. Variety people, variety is everything.
16. What is one thing you think people notice about you first? My height, I’m sure.
17. What is one piece of advice you would give to someone? You gotta keep on keepin’ on. Life’s a garden: dig it. You gotta make it work for you.
18. Do you think you’re funny? I reckon I can throw a couple knee slappers out every once and a while.
19. Have you always wanted to work with kids? To be honest, no. I never thought kids were a good fit for me. When I was blessed with my first son I was scared to death and I had no idea what I was doing or where I was going in life. That little boy made me into the mama I am today and I couldn’t be more happy with where I am now.
20. What made you start a blog? I’ve always been a writer. I love getting my thoughts on paper and reading them over and over again. When I started blogging I had no idea what blogging was all about. I didn’t think my words would ever get read and I had no idea how happy it would make me. I started a blog to find myself, to find my passion, and to find out what the heck is really floating around in my head. Along the way I’ve found a great group of supportive ladies and I can’t ever imagine life without Stringfellow + Co.
21. What is your favorite thing to watch on TV? As stupid as it may be I am a sucker for reality shows. Teen Mom, The Real Housewives, and Vanderpump Rules are a few of my faves.
Well there you have it! Me in a nutshell. Did anything surprise you?!